Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Getting into the Christmas spririt

The last several days have been filled with preparations and decorations for Christmas.  I am usually the first one to hop on the "let's decorate for Christmas," bandwagon. But this year, despite having a beautiful new house to decorate, I hadn't been too excited about it.  But then my mother-in-law told me she was going to get rid of her 10 foot pre-lit Christmas tree, and for me, it was free. 

Now, I am definitely a real tree kind of girl, buuuuut, we have a two-story foyer that is just begging for a nice, tall Christmas tree.  Of course, I wasn't going to spent hundreds of dollars on a fake, pre-lit tree, and I we didn't want the mess/hassle/expense of two real trees, so I thought we would just have the one tree in the living room this year and be happy. But, my in-laws made my dream of having two trees come true!  :-) So I set out to decorate it beautifully but cheaply. For several years in my old house, I had decorated in the dining room with just silver and white, so I had collected quite a few ornaments in those colors.  Next, I hit the dollar store and found a bunch more, and some snowflake garland and some pretty ribbon.  It turned out really nice.

So now comes the difficult part; keeping the kids from touching, grabbing, pulling, batting and just generally destroying TWO Christmas trees.  Caleb is not much of a problem.  He might touch now and again, but he's not really destructive.  Quinn, on the other hand, doesn't have the nick name "Quinnosaurus," for nothing.  Needless to say, there have been lots of time outs and lots of smacked hands.  :-(  It is getting better though.  Today is day four and he is was only interested for the first few minutes after he woke up. 

So I am officially in the Christmas spirit. The trees are decorated, the stockings are hung, andthe presents are (mostly) bought.  Looking forward to a little more shopping, some cookie baking, and spending time with friends and family soon. 

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment