Friday, January 14, 2011

New Game Plan, Is the Quinnosaur becoming extinct? and Misunderstood lyrics of the day

Okay, so after yesterday's debacle, I have decided to employ a new game plan to tackle Caleb's, shall we say, undesirable behavior.  I came up with the idea last night with much help from my blog posts and my Facebook friends.  (Thanks guys.)  I decided to make a sticker chart for Caleb, but not only for the potty.  We have been struggling with an array of issues, mostly treating me really crappy when he's mad at me.  So, he now has a sticker chart, on which he can earn stickers for doing things like going potty (obviously), brushing his teeth, listening to mom and dad, picking up his toys, putting his clothes on by himself, etc.  When he gets enough stickers, he can have rewards like, an extra TV show or computer game, a new book, working up to things like, lunch with mom or dad at a restaurant, and trips to Kalamazoo Bounceland or Chuck E Cheese.  I am uncertain how this is going to work right now.  We started it when he woke up from his nap ( which is when I finished the chart,) and he has earned three stars so far, two for going potty, and one for eating his dinner.  Somehow I was blessed with an abundance of patience today.   I don't know if he quite understands the whole concept yet, but I think he will get it with a little more repetition.  I will keep you posted.

August 2010

In other news, Quinn has been a delightful child lately.  He seems very happy and he is talking up a storm (finally)!  I made a list and his word list is now over 50.  Now, that doesn't mean you would understand all of them, but we do.  For example, he says "nk," for drink, and "pop eye," for potty.  But we know what he's talking about. :-)   I forgot how much fun kids are at this age, and I am eternally grateful for this tiny reprieve from the Quinnosaurus while I am dealing with the Calebopithicus!

One more funny thing that happened today.  Caleb has been running around singing "bam bam, baseball lam!"  For the life of me I couldn't figure out what he meant. Nothing on any of his favorite shows sounded anything like it.  So I just chalked it up to something he invented. Then we were in the car today listening to Nickelback's Rockstar, and he starts singing it again, then says, "See mom, it's from that song!"  I want a brand new house on an episode of Cribs, and a bathroom I can play baseball in..." Mystery solved. Duh...

No comments:

Post a Comment