Monday, January 17, 2011

Putting myself out there

Well, I am finally taking some steps to get out of the house more.  I let myself get a little lazy and put things off until after the holidays, but this whole, “being in the house all day,”  thing is getting to me.  You can only take so many trips to the library and Target!  And it has been three months, and I haven’t met a single friend!

 The boys and I will be starting M.O.P.S. in a couple of weeks.  I had wanted to before, but there is only one group in Battle Creek, and they meet in the evenings, which is not ideal, and they don’t have daycare specifically for M.O.P.S.  Your kids can go to AWANA or some other program they have at the church, which is Baptist, so I wasn’t really in to that.   I’ve decided to drive to Richland.  I’ve heard good things about this group, so hopefully they are true.  And, I am applying to volunteer at the local domestic violence shelter, starting in February.  I hope to complete the training then, but daycare may prove to be an issue.  I would really like to get back into that field though.  Who knows, volunteering could lead to a job down the road.  The third thing I am doing is attempting to start my own moms group on meetup.com.  I have been searching for months and there isn’t a single moms group or playgroup in Battle Creek.  I joined the local “women’s group,” online, but it just doesn’t seem to be for me.  Most of the women are retired.  I figured I don’t have anything to lose but the $6.00 per month. They will be posting it in two days, so I guess we will see.  I’ll try not to take it personally if no one responds. 

So far, the chart seems to be working. Keeping my fingers crossed.  Caleb has already earned enough stars to play an extra computer game every day, and is well on his way to earning a new book of his choice.  He hasn’t had one accident since we started the chart.  And, he seems less angry about going to bed and going to the bathroom. 

I will end with this: THE QUINNOSAURUS IS NOT EXTINCT.  HE WAS JUST HIBERNATING FOR A VERY BRIEF PERIOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment